Microsoft Office Live Meeting is web conferencing proprietary software that is installed on client PCs and is designed to help people communicate and collaborate with anyone, anywhere over an Internet connection. It’s a great solution for those who enjoy or have a need to collaborate in real-time even over long distances – it allows having an online meeting place, one that is convenient and cost-effective.
Those who do not have the ability to conduct in-person meetings or physically attend conferences will certainly benefit from this Microsoft business solution.
MS Live Meeting 2007 in fact offers a subscription-based web conferencing service for clients to connect to a web-based live meeting environment simply from a user’s PC Windows-based meeting console: clients can meet online and discuss, share, show, present reports, findings, information and so on.
The top 10 benefits (not in any order) of using Microsoft Office Live Meeting are covered next.
1) It aids communication. In fact, it allows people to interact online, revolutionizing the way they work.
2) It brings a host of collaborative features, including functionalities to carry out file sharing, two-way VoIP audio and online presentations.
3) It supports all operating systems: Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Solaris and UNIX.
4) It allows a small, medium or large audience, regardless of location, to join in a meeting, at any place or time.
5) It saves time when needing to get together to converse plans and information.
6) It saves people money from having to travel to a location to participate in an important meeting, conference or event.
7) It increases productivity by allowing users to meet, in real-time, with co-workers, business partners, customers, in order to discuss work matters, sales trends and reports, etc.
8) It connects audiences in online meetings, training, and events from around the world to participate, even at a moment’s notice
9) It allows participants the ability to give media presentations, audio or video recordings and download meeting content using MS-PSOM, which is a Microsoft Protocol used in Web Conferencing with Live Meeting 2007.
10) It offers an interactive online meeting environment, with multi-streams/sessions, to make it easier for people to incorporate Live Meeting 2007 functionality on an existing platform to take part in a Web conference – all from the comfort of their desk.
The “top” 10 benefits of using Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 prove, without a doubt, it is the one tool businesses need for online collaboration and Web conferencing. We can tell you from our experience at Innovative Architects though that the number of benefits of Live Meeting is well beyond 10.
Using it is simple – the software is installed on either the user’s computer or is hosted on their organization’s server(s). Then Microsoft allows personal access to Office Live Meeting and/or the Web conferencing functionality of the Office Communications Server; clicking on the “Accept Terms and Install Client,” is the only action needed to have access to Microsoft’s enterprise-class hosted service for online meetings, conferences and seminars.